We have a global integration setup between our JIRA and HipChat accounts, and can see the public HipChat rooms when matching a project to a chat room, but not the private rooms. How do we get the option to set the integration on the private rooms?
@Jason Kelsey you cannot currently map a JIRA project with a private room, but we are planning to release this feature in the near future. I will post an update here when it's out, stay tuned!
+1, having the same problem. Seems that the integration is done slightly differently now, with a plugin. This caused my old APi integration to stop working, and now I can only find the open rooms that we have in HC.
This seems odd that tools (Hipchat + JIRA + Atlassian) are not hooked up better!! I cant even choose which rooms or get a private room
@Gustaf Sahlstrom if you face an issue moving from the older JIRA integration to the new one, please raise a ticket on help.hipchat.com, providing as much information as you can, and we can help you there. We built it so it happens automatically, but maybe there is a glitch?
@Tanguy Crusson , will do that. Thx.
I just went to try and hook a Confluence space, JIRA project and Hipchat room up together but since they're private, I'm unable. I look forward to this feature! Thanks for posting, @Jason Kelsey .
+1
Waiting for this!
Since we were able to do this until quite recently, we are definitely looking forward to reinstating this functionality. Is there a place we should go to vote for it?
Hi @Shawna Schnorr, no need to vote for it, it's already in flight, and I've seen demos of it!
Jason, we deployed the new version of the plugin were you see private rooms after you log into HipChat:
image2015-2-10 17:34:33.png
Once logged in you can see private rooms - they are marked with a padlock:
image2015-2-10 17:17:42.png
We're having an issue of after clicking on the Log in option it just sits there, has anyone else experienced this?
How about if when you click on Log In, you never get the option to enter your Logon credentials? I just gives you a loading Icon and sits there...
Hi Edwin, you might be hitting this problem: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13416609/answers/13418253 Just connecting the JIRA to HipChat should fix it.
Edwin, see my comment below: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11983521/comments/14193009
I'm facing the same issue, but I'm running JIRA on our own servers. I'm wondering whether disconnecting and re-connecting JIRA and HipChat will mean that I will have to reconfigure all the integrations or not ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.