I've got a brand new page. Most of my content I'm adding by copying and pasting from a Word document. When I got to add the TOC. there is not preview. After I fill in what I want anyway, and add it, there is not funny box on my page to indicate a macro has been added. If I copy and paste a TOC macro from another page I cannot edit that TOC macro for the new page.
I've selected everything and changed it to paragraph. (Nothing changed. I have tables, maybe that's why?). I have selected EVERY heading, changed to to something different, the back to the heading level that I want.
Nothing I do will allow me to have a TOC macro, and I do not understand why. I've spent 2 hours building content, and an hour searching for a solution to this ridiculous problem. Any advice?
Update #1: I just created a new page, and from scratch added very simple Heading1, Heading2, and paragraph content. Doing this, I still cannot make a TOC. Save, edit, try again, and nothing.
What could be worth noting: I'm now attempting to delete this test page, and it appears that I do not have the permissions to do so.
Are there any permissions settings that would restrict my ability to add a macro?
Update #2: I just tried to add a code macro, and it wouldn't add. So I'm starting to suspect permissions. But I don't have admin rights, so I can't see the current permissions page. If someone who knows could tell me what needs to be granted that would be swell.