Hi
wen i am creating tickets there are multiple fields so based on my above field selection value , the fields should change and i should be able to create the ticket. I am using JIRA 7.2.1. how do i do that? Plz guide me.
The only fields that support that natively are
For any other dynamic field changes, you need code. The standard doc is on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-display-a-field-based-on-another-field-s-selection-649921383.html but I'd usually reach for the "Behaviours" module in the Script Runner add-on, because it's easier than writing javascript and more likely to work after an upgrade. (and, personally, because I can go ask Jamie's team when I get stuck)
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Actually it was done in JIRA 4.4.3 but later it is upgraded to 7.2.1. and java scripts associated with custom fields are not wrking now.
Based on my project and issue types, below given fields change. but for one of the below given fields selection, others have to change. Since the java script is written and it is in prod env. plz help me with tweaking the things around.
Is there a way to run those java scripts . plz guide me. ur support is much appreciated.
You will need to rewrite the javascript for the new versions, probably from scratch.
why do i need to rewrite the java script again after upgrade? What will change? I am not clear about it as my logic will be same rite?
Hi Nic,
Thanks for the reply. Now things are all working fine. I had to make changes in the java scripts after the upgrade (as suggested by you) to make it compatible with the upgraded version. As far as .jsp files are concerned, that is also working fine (some of the libraries were missing, so had to add them to make it work). Cheers for guiding me Thank you again..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.