I am relatively new to administering Bitbucket and would like some input. I have just upgraded bitbucket from 6.10 to 7.18.3. The upgrade itself seems okay, however upon starting the bitbucket service, I noticed that there are 2 logs which caught my eye and wondering if these are of any concern:
1. /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/7.18.3/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch: line 43: bin/elasticsearch-keystore: Permission denied
Is anyone able to clarify what the elasticsearch-keystore does? I have checked the permissions on it and confirmed it has the same permissions as the user starting the bitbucket service.
2. The current open files limit is set to less than 6192
Attempting to increase limit...
/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/7.18.3/bin/_start-webapp.sh: line 63: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
I believe this is used for admin to set resource usage, however not too sure what particular error indicates.
Anyone able to explain the 2 errors and possible fix for them? Should these be of any concern?
I've tried looking for these errors in the KBs but not much luck.