Hi,
I'm trying to set up Jira as a support system. We are using Active Directory to handle users in Jira. I configured a Mail Handler to "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" when a mail comes in. This works. But now my questions start:
- When a new issue is generated by a new mail sent by "anybody", I have to select a "Reporter", since "anybody" does not exist in our Active Directory. This in turn means that I can't just "answer" to "anybody" by writing a comment, since he won't get it. I can share the issue with the original reporter ("anybody"), but that will fail to create a comment when the original reporter just answers this mail.
I would really love to use this "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" feature. Only I don't know how to realise this when using Active Directory. Would this be possible?
Also I would like to have a kind of "two-fold" issue. One part that can be seen to the outside (the original reporter, "anybody") and one that can be kept secret. Would this be possible?
Let me now if I should be more clear.
Thorsten