I want to set up Jira as a proper ticketing system, how do I do it? I have looked into the plugin Jira Enterprise Mail Handler, but I do not know how to set it up correctly and I find the documentation unclear. Are there other options?
It's a "proper ticketing system" pretty much off-the-shelf, but I'm very well aware that people have completely different ideas of what such a system is.
I think you need to define some of your requirements before we can help you here. Roughly what purpose do you wish to put it to, what broad groups of user types do you have, and, because you mentioned JEMH, you obviously need something a bit more powerful than the default mail handling, so could you expand on what you want to do via email?
Documentation with JEMH is a challenge, if you have clear requirements Im always happy to advise. A recent page may help:
- Configure JEMH for a Helpdesk environment from scratch
If that doesn't fit your exact needs, feel free to create a support ticket on JEMH JIRA.
Great, I'll try the step by step, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.