Hello! please tell me about the Regular Expression Check Validator. What expression is necessary so that 10 words must be entered in the description field.
@Yana RegExp type of validator for a workflow transition specifies the acceptance, not rejection, criteria. Modify this for 10 and check (I never tried).
.*?(\S+\s+){3,}.*?
This might pass for "x x x x" and fail for "All tests pass" words.
You can read @Mykenna Cepek comment in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Better-instructions-or-examples-of-regular-expressions-for/qaq-p/1355142
Hi @Yana
Testing out scenario is first step
https://regex101.com
Use just field required configuration otherwise!!
Thanks,
Pramodh
Thank you very much!
If this solution solved your problem, you can accept this answer. Other users will be benefitted.
The issue I always end up having when I use a site like that is that the way I have to do regex as a smart value seems to always make this complicated.... Like I have a regex pattern that's matching in the tool you use, but when I try to use it for automation to automatically assign, it's not picking it up. I wish there was a literal tool from JSM (I'm sure there's a pluggin somewhere....) that allowed me to do what this tool is doing, but with their smart values
Content was archived and would have really helped. It's funny that my regex is supposed to be correct based from multiple regex checkers but automation does not accept it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.