Hi,
I've to implement few quite complex business processes in jira.
The requirement is to be able to track the time spend in each status and show it in a visualised form using kanban boards.
So now I've got a around 5 processes with around 10 steps each.
It all works pretty well but I've ended up with extra 50 jira statuses in the global JIRA configuration....
An example of one process is the recruitment process - having all the business statuses a business user will only have to create one card - like "Hire JIRA Developer" - and that works pretty well.
Using generic JIRA Agile workflow (todo, in progress, done) would force the user to create multiple cards with some components (to indicate status step) - a user story and multiple of subtasks.
The end business users like the one card approach as they don't have to create and maintain multiple cards.
So what do You think which approach is better and what are the pros and cons?
I don't want to end up with 500 statuses in JIRA as there is no possibility to group it.
Its a pity that there is no possibility to define local project statuses....