I have a JIRA instance running on the TomCat instance that is installed with JIRA. This instance is running on a server that I have full control over. It is a Windows 2008 machine with IIS7.
All traffic comes in through IIS7 and we are using a reverse proxy to TomCat. There is an SSL certificate on the domain that JIRA runs under. The certificate is installed in IIS7.
All JIRA access through a web browser appears to work perfectly, we've been using the JIRA instance in a production environment for a couple of months with pretty heavy usage and we've had absolutely no issues.
The issue is when I try to access JIRA from Microsoft Project 2003 through The Connector found here http://www.the-connector.com/index.aspx or when I try to connect to my JIRA instance from EazyBI found here https://eazybi.com/. Both of those applications give a 500 internal server error on my JIRA instance.
https://eazybi.com/ is failing with a rest api GET at /issues/rest/api/latest/project. The server returns a 500 and I see an error in my JIRA log:
2012-09-25 11:05:09,986 ajp-8009-3 ERROR [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page null
java.lang.NullPointerException
http://www.the-connector.com/index.aspx is failing with a POST to /issues/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2. Again, the server returns a 500 and I see the same error in my JIRA log.
If I go to /issues/rest/api/latest/project in my broswer I get the JSON that I would expect. If I go to /issues/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2 in my browser I get a web page that says "Hi there, this is an AXIS service!"
So from just browsing to the URLS it appears that everything is working correctly but for some reason neither microsoft project connector nor the easzybi website can access my JIRA instance.
Any help in solving this would be appreciated.
Thanks.