Hello,
New poster here! I've gathered a lot of knowledge from browsing the Q&A boards over the last year and I'm happy to see so many knowledgeable professionals sharing their insight and wisdom, so Thank you in advance!
Root Issue: As Scrum Master I see a re-occurring problem of stories closing outside of original assigned Sprint. Example - You planned a Story's closure for Sprint 10 but an analyst was able to close it in Sprint 8 and did not change the Sprint allocation, so its Now closed and still marked as Sprint 10.
Problem it creates: When Stories close before original allocation (using example above) they do not show up in Sprint 8 retrospective stats. They instead stay in "Closed outside of Sprint" Bucket. The same occurs in Sprint 10 when again it stays in "Closed outside of Sprint" but doesn't seem to count toward the Sprint Retrospective numbers.
How do you folks handle these? What is best practice for being able to show the work was done as far as providing the proper optics to the end client?
Thanks in advance - Grazie !