I tried to configure Jira to connect to our IMAP mail server host, but got "ConnectException: Connection refused: connect" error.
I followed the steps on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Connecting+to+SSL+services to add domain cert into the keystore, but still got same error.
Any idea about what might be the problem?
Thanks!
ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
That error means the server is there and listening, but is not set up to accept connections, either from your server, or from the user you tried to use (or both).
Try a telnet to that server and port and see if you can log in. But whatever you do, you'll need to talk to your IMAP server admin
The host name I am trying to connect to is the load balancer not the name of the client access server. Is JIRA load balancer aware?
It shouldn't matter. A load balancer will be presenting a consistent name and interface, even though the request may end up being handled by different servers or services.
The problem is that you're account is not set up to log in to the imap servers, or you can't reach them
Thanks Nic for your reply!
I tried to make JIRA connect to one of the IMAP servers behind the load balancer, and it succeed. But when I switched back to host name, which is a array of three servers, it failed again.
Any suggestions?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.