Hi Everybody
I am new to Jira and am trying to understand more about start and end dates of various work items. Every work items in Jira Business initiative, Epic, Task, sub task, bug has these fields and I am trying to understand what the relationship between the start and end dates of a parent/child/grandchild ? I am assuming there is some training/blog that I can take to help understand this better.
In my world a BI -> can have epics/tasks/bugs etc as childs/dependencies/predecessor etc, but the dates are editable, but some how keep reverting back, dates are picked at random, not sure from the parent or something else ? how does the data flow between the various dates? Is this a configuration thing or something else ?
Also when I am trying to add a date field to a gnatt chart, I get 3 or 4 start dates, why ?
Is there something I can read/get trained/some knowledge on the various dates ?
Please note, the project is not the yesliberia project which is something I volunteer for. I I am unable to share the work details at this time,
Thanks