I have managed after many attempts to get Confluence 7.5.2 x64 running on my Windows 10 desktop. And it actually runs fine. But, I want it to run as a service, so that I don't need to be logged into the box.
And I resolved the various reasons that setting up a service would fail to even start, primarily updating the service.bat to have "Program~1" instead of "Program Files".
So I do "service.bat install Confluence" and I can start it, but when I visit the URL, I get a 404 error:
HTTP Status 404 – Not Found
Type Status Report
Message Not found
Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.
Apache Tomcat/9.0.33
I've reviewed the logs and there is no logging even at DEBUG level.
Here are the service config values in the Java tab:
Java Virtual Machine:
C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
Java Classpath:
C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\bin\tomcat-juli.jar
Java Options:
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence
-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions
-XX:-PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps
-XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution
-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
-XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5
-XX:GCLogFileSize=2M
-Xloggc:C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\logs\gc-%t.log
-Xlog:gc+age=debug:file="C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\logs\gc-%t.log"::filecount=5,filesize=2M
-Djava.awt.headless=true
-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300
-Djdk.tls.server.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2
-Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2
-Djava.locale.providers=JRE,SPI,CLDR
-Dcatalina.base=C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence
-Dignore.endorsed.dirs=C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\temp
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Progra~1\Atlassian\Confluence\conf\logging.properties
This issue does not happen when I run the startup_bundled_jre.bat file.
I spent almost the entire day yesterday and some this morning trying to make this work. Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks,
Dan