We have around 470 tickets to import into production and we have parent and child links i am unable to import them directly doing it manually will take a lot of time please guide me
Hi @sai chinamuthevi
I guess if you are importing issue links, you are importing issues as well?
Have a CSV export with custom selection where you will have the issue links as well and then import it in the destination project
Please refer to the CSV import doc here
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html
Thanks,Pramodh
Hi Pramodh i dont know how to import parent links to csv
I've assumed here:
This support page will help you do this - the basic details are:
Let us know if this works for you
Ste
Hi @Stephen ,
I feel sorry because I relly don't get how your answer and the support page does help here regarding creating links between "Parents" (EPICs for me) and "Tickets" (US in my case).
I assumed that I would just have to : - export my Epics from JIra in a CSV file- export my US from Jira in a CSV file- In this last file, using Excel, add a column "Parent" (if not already there)- in this "Parent" column, add the "Parent IDs" (EPICs from my first file) for each US- Save and import to Jira using the basic import feature.But when I look at the mapping fields, the "Parent" field doesn't appear as an option, so I don't get how to create those links using the import basic feature.
Could you please help us ?
Hi @Xavier GRIMAULT
Assuming this is Server, or a Company-managed Project in Cloud, you need to use slightly different fields for Epic/Story.
If you are uploading as two separate files:
You can also upload Epics and Stories in the same file, to do this:
Thank you very much @Ste !I checked the project type and it's a team-managed software project.
Does this means it's not possible to do so as long as our project is from this type ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.