I've learned your article about 'editing a project key', though it seems out dated, since the column for editing the project key is disabled.
Hi @Sia Y Y Hu ,
please could you specify if you are working with server/data center or cloud instance?
Btw, you should be a jira-admininstrator to do that. Probably you are just a project admin so you can edit just few project details.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Hey @Sia Y Y Hu
That's correct one can edit a project key, but why are you trying to edit that. I hope you have gone through effects of this change ?
Having said these one has to be jira admin also to edit project keys. Jira project admin role is not sufficient to edit this.
So check with your Jira Admin on this.
Regards,
Vishwas
Hey @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_
Thanks for the note, probably we both were typing answer at the same time
From screenshot looks like it is Server/DC
Hello Fabio,
Actually, I don't know whether I am working with server/data center or cloud instance.
And I am a project admin but not a jira-administrator.
So, the only way to change the project key for my project is to delete the old one, and create a new one, right? (My project was created a few days ago, without any issues yet)
Appreciate your kindly reply,
Sia
Hello Vishwas,
Since I typo the abbreviation of my project...and it was created just a few days ago, without any issues yet.
Yeah, I am just the project admin but not the Jira Admin.
I don't know who and where to contact the Jira Admin...
So wonders what about to delete the project and re-create again?
I would suggest get in contact with jira admin of your Org. And ask them to either change project key or delete project(since no issues were created) and create a new project for you.
I guess as a project admin you can't delete project too.
You can do that delete and recreate too if there are no tickets yet.
Jira admin can be anybody in the Org(check with IT team), very tough to guide you who could it be. Please check with your Manager or other colleagues.
Yeah, thanks, Vishwas.
I've recreated the project and raised the ticket for deletion.
Thanks and regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.