I'm getting ready to upgrade my Confluence instance from 3.5.13 to 4.3.1.
I tried the upgrade on a test system, and it looks like things will go reasonably well.
After further reading, I noticed two steps that appear to be skipped when doing an upgrade vs. a clean 4.x install:
- Creation of the Confluence service
- Creation of the new Demonstration space
I'd like both of these things. I know I can manually recreate the service, but it sounds like I'll wind up having to do that every time I upgrade (instead of it being more automated for future upgrades if I'd done a clean 4.x install).
Is there a recommended approach to performing my upgrade while still getting these features of a fresh 4.x install?
(For example, would an upgrade / XML export / uninstall / reinstall / XML import work and be worthwhile?)
Are there any other things that a fresh install has that the upgrade path does not?