Hi Guys
Is it possible to change the MySQL JDBC connector on standalone JIRA?
As per my understanding the MYSQL connector comes built in however i am not sure if we can change it
Rahul
Hello Rahul,
Yes, you can change your JDBC for your JIRA Standalone. You can find the JDBC in the directory $JIRA_INSTALL/lib/.
Please note that the only connectors which come bundled with JIRA Standalone are HSQL and Postgres JDBC's. For MySQL you need to download the JDBC and place it under the folder mentioned above.
When you download and place the JDBC, please make sure that the JDBC version falls under the supported JDBC's for our support channel so that you don't face any problems.
I hope that helps.
Not sure if you want to change the library or the connection string.
The library is in the lib folder. The connection string is the in dbconfig.xml at JIRA_HOME.
Basically I want to check which version of JDBC connector is associated with my standalone version and if possible replace it with the latest connector.
On the WAR installation, we usually manually put the JDBC connector (Connector/J JDBC driver v5.1) at $jirarc/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/.
I want to know where i can find the rquivalent file on standalone installation.
This link might be helpful
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQL
Thanks Ala....this helps
rahul
You are most welcome Rahul. I'm glad I could help.
Regards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.