Is there an outbound REST functionality within JIRA that will allow it to send status changes or notifications to an endpoint?
Take a look at webhooks (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Webhooks). They are usable on post functions.
The webhook will post data to the URL specified. If that URL isn't secured by any type of authentication I have a open and listening REST API that woudl allow anyone with the URL to add new information. Just because you are authenticated in Jira does not mean that you are authenticated for insert or update in the other listening application to which you are directing the webhook. My requirement is when an issue created in JIRA, it should trigger an event/REST message. Consumer (Third party application wants to get updates from JIRA) can configure the required API with payload in this REST message. I see JIRA capturing Outgoing authentication details in Application Links section. I am wondering in which place JIRA using these authentication details unless there is a REST message calling
How about trying to try create a code (groovy, shell, java) which will do your REST communication and just call that code on transitions (post-function)?
Thank you for reply Gabrielle. Yes, that is also fine. But I am new to JIRA. Is there any documentation/example on how to do that? Calling a script or Java client on post function?
Take a look at this plugin, it's very useful and handy. Pretty straighforward. https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Script
Thank you very much Gabrielle, let me check this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.