As an administrator of Confluence, is there any way that I can edit a users email notification preferences. They no longer want to receive emails, but cannot get into Confluence to reset their preferences.
hi,
if you are an admin you can login as that user. go to user management, click on the related person and click on log in as user. then you can go to that user's personal settings and manage e-mail settings.
I know I have done this in older versions of JIRA and probably Confluence, but for some reason I cannot find that link any more. We are using Confluence v5.7.3 and the account is from an external user management directory (Microsoft Active Directory). Do you think either of those scenarios would disable the "login as user" link?
I don't think the version has any effect because we have 6.0.0. But you may be right, I think it isn't working because you get the users from another directory. I can't think of any other way to do this, unfortunately. Why can't your users login to manage their settings?
The user recently took a new position for a different part of our parent company. So he "technically" doesn't work for my company anymore, but for some reason his account for our company was never disabled. I thought it would be easier to just remove the notifications for him rather than dealing with HR to figure out why his account was not disabled. I also thought this might be good to know in the future. Oh well. I guess I will have him contact our support team and reset his password.
thanks for the help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.