I would like to display the issue key on the transition screen. How do I do it using script runner
You could need to create a new editable field and duplicate the key into it, writing a listener that can populate it on every change to an issue or a post-function that populates it on every transition, because the field would be offered to the user as an editable thing on the screen and you would want to throw away any change they made to it.
I would not bother. Of what possible use is the issue key to someone who has looked at an issue and decided it needs to be moved to a new status? What would the key tell them while they were moving it that they don't already know?
My scenario is is something like this :
I create a Bug issue type and under the Bug Issue type a 'Defect' subtask is created by testers when ever they find a defect during the sprint. All the defects are handled(defect life cycle) using the 'Defect' sub task . I have associated a screens for every defect transition . When the tester clicks on the create subtask link under the More button , The create subtask screen allows the Tester to all the details related to the defect and a new 'Defect' Sub task is created. The New 'Defect' subtask has issue key (Id) that gets generated upon creation of the task. The 'Defect' sub task then gets assigned to the Dev team. The Developer clicks on the Open Button to view the defect details. I have Open defect transition screen associated when Open button is clicked. I would like to display the 'Issue Key' or Issue Id on the open defect transition screen. How do I display the 'Defect' subtask Id on the transition screen as the defect moves through its life cycle.
An issue will not have a key until it has been created. You can't put something on the create screen to show the key because you don't have one until after you've created it.
Also, why do you want to see the key as an issue transitions? What does it tell the user who has already read the issue and decided to move it to a new status? Of what possible use is it to them?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.