I am new to OPsGenie and also coming from pagerDuty and finding the workflow in OpsGenie to be very cumbersome when you have a large amount of incoming alerts. It all revolves around acknowledging alerts
I start my workflow by looking at un-acked alerts. Since these alerts should be addressed. My problems are:
- Auto incident-associated aren't auto-acked
- There's no way to search for alerts that are associated to an incident (That I can see from the search fields). Hence the subject of my question - this would make the process more streamlined but not really solve it
- Going to the incident and showing associated alerts only allows me to close the alerts not ack them. The incident is still opened and acked but incoming alerts that are auto-associated remain un-acked - creating noise
- For some reason not all alerts even with the same message do not seem to get auto associated.
- Selecting those alerts and associating to an incident also does not acknowledge them and worse the action DESELECTS the alerts requiring the user to reselect them and acknowledge them
We have 50+ services with a continual flow of alerts. Finding and selecting and acknowledging alerts is not really scalable under my current understanding of this UX.
Now maybe the issue is I should not look at un-acknowledged alerts , but then I still want to see what alerts aren't associated to an incident. Those will help me perhaps write incident rules Again with the summary of my question - can I search for alerts that are no associated to an incident?
And finally is there a better workflow that I'm missing here.