Hi guys,
I'm runing Conflence 4.1 (Evaluation Version) with IE8/FireFox 9 on Windows XP SP3. My Java version is 6.0.30.
I have been unable to insert macros on a page since the first time my Confluence started. The preview page was loading and loading all the time, and even though I clicked the Insert button, nothing happened. Please see the attached screen shot for reference.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Help will be really appreciated.
Jason
In Confluence Admin | Plugins, enable Safe mode and see whether it works then. If so, you've likely got a rogue plugin that is affecting the editor. Enable your plugins one by one until you've tracked down the offending one.
Hi David,
First of all, thank you for your reply.
However, I couldn't use your solution. In the plugin page, I got an unexpected error. And there is no system plugin showing. See the attached screen shot below.
And also in the log file, I found this error message:
[atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager] getFilter Unable to create filter -- referer: http://localhost:8095/plugins/servlet/upm | url: /rest/prototype/1/i18n | userName: admin com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder
Any ideas?
Hi Jason,
That looks like an error due to the wrong version of JAXB being picked up - http://confluence.atlassian.com/plugins/viewsource/viewpagesrc.action?pageId=225120161 Have you got multiple JVMs on the machine Confluence is running on? Also, which version of JAXB is reported if you run xjc -version in a command window? Should be something similar to:
xjc version "JAXB 2.1.10 in JDK 6"
JavaTM Architecture for XML Binding(JAXB) Reference Implementation, (build JAXB 2.1.10 in JDK 6)
JAXB 2.1 was added in Java 6 Update 4 and the above output is from Java 6 Update 29, but Update 30 may have included an update to JAXB 2.2 which may cause problems.
Andrew.
I was using Java 6.0.24 yesterday but got the same problem.
There are multiple JVMs runing on my machine. So you doubt about memory running out?
xjc is not recognized in cmd. I guess I don't have JAXB and never set the path for JAXB.
What should I do now?
Thank you.
The issue is not caused by the lack of memory, as I already had it set to everything you sugguested even prior to your post. But you're right about Confluence pointing to an old JVM due to multiple JVMs running on my computer. I corrected the JAVA_HOME setting and everything works now.
Thank you very much for your help. Really appreciate it!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.