Hi everyone,
I am automating tasks and I find the need to create users through "curl". I have read the API documentation but when testing it I receive an error {"errorMessage": "Page not found"}
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-users/#api-rest-api-3-user-get
curl --request POST \ --url 'https://kiu.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user' \ --user 'USER:API-key' \ --header 'Accept: application/json' \ --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \ --data '{ "emailAddress": "test@test", "displayName": "John Test", "name": ""}'
Any helps??
Regards,
Hi @Emanuel Gonzalez
Welcome to the Community!!
The User needs to have prior Atlassian account with an email id that you are inviting.
The API is correct, I have checked it now and was able to invite the user who has an Atlassian account
curl --request POST \--url 'https://your-site.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/user' \--user 'email:token' \--header 'Accept: application/json' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data '{"emailAddress": "email-id","displayName": "Full Name","name": ""}'
Let me know if you are still facing the issue
Thanks,Pramodh
Must the user have a created account? Is it possible to create Atalassian accounts used curl?
I expect your help thank you.
Emanuel.
I see all the calls return an error:curl --request GET \--url 'https://kiu.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/users/search' \--user 'egonzalez@DOMAIN:API \--header 'Accept: application/json'{"errorMessage": "Page not found"}%
Do I need to enable an remote api option???
The user needs to have an Atlassian account prior to adding the respective user in your site.
Please ask your user to create an Atlassian account then you can invite them to your site
Since this is cloud, when an unmanaged user directory is present, this is the way!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.