We are currently in the process of migrating several Confluence instances between servers. Confluence versions range from 3.5.x to 4.x. I am familiar with your nice migration documentation based on which we are using the XML backup method. We have chosen this method because we'll be migrating to a different OS and database. Otherwise we would like to keep the installation as close to the original as possible (same Confluence and plugin/add-on versions).
With the above description in mind, what would be the best way to copy plugins/add-ons from the original Confluence server to the new one? To specify a bit, I'm talking about user installed plugins.
Here's what I know so far and some more detailed questions:
- User installed plugins/add-ons can be listed in administration console and then the specific version can be downloaded via Marketplace.
- [Confluence home]/plugins-cache folder seems to contain the JAR files of user installed plugins. Can these JARs be used to install plugins in the new Confluence instance via administration console?
- If it is possible to use JARs in [Confluence home]/plugins-cache, is there an easier way to install than one-by-one though admin console?