I am running Jira on docker. And making a simple rest API call to make a new project.But I am getting an error "You must specify a valid project lead".I AM indeed specifying a valid user called "userOne" that I have made on my server.Can someone help me out what the problem is? I have attached a picture of the POST request that I am making and the response that I am getting.
Hi @Sufficient Monk
Is "userone" an active jira user in your instance?
Regards
Yes. When I filter for Active users, userOne comes up in the results
Try userkey instead - Jira mixes username and userkey here and there, and sometimes it's not clearly documented either. I think the userkey is not visible from the web interface though, but <JIRAURL>/jira/rest/api/latest/user?username=userOne should return json with the userkey in it. Probably will look something like JIRAUSER12345
Oh found this, kinda explains the key/name confusion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68189
Hey. I tried your solution, and it unfortunately didnt work for me. I made a user that had the ID which can be seen under "lead".But i get the same error again.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.