My specific situation is that I have created a fork of an open-source project, which uses Mercurial (Hg). My fork contains private code so I don't want to just make a public clone (it is hosted on CodePlex). So I have cloned the project and pushed it to my Stash server, which is based on Git.
SourceTree for Windows can now access both repositories (hooray!)
What I'd really like to do is periodically pull the changes from the original Hg repository into my Git repository and push them up to my Stash server, so I keep up to date with development on the base product.
In Subversion, I think they would call this a 'Vendor Branch'.
Right now, I have to maintain two separate working copies and manually port the changes between then. This means that I lose all the history from the parent project and the merge operation is tedious and error prone. It would be much nicer if I could just pull changes from the Hg repository directly into a branch in my Git repository. I've seen various things online that are supposed to be able to do this, but I haven't been able to get any of them to work (the documentation is mostly for Linux and we are using Windows).
So is this even theoretically possible in SourceTree?
Thanks.