Hello,
I deleted a project and I am trying to open a new project with same name and key and it says key is exist.
I am on cloud version.
How can I delete key?
Thx,
Zeevik
Hi @[deleted]
Did you delete the project from the trash as well?
Ravi
Welcome to the community!
There is a workaround here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-not-create-jira-project-with-old-edited-project-key/qaq-p/77187
Regards
@[deleted]welcome to the Community! (posting answer here as well as your question posted 2x)
Project Keys cannot be reused. Once created, even if the space or project is deleted, they still remain in the Metadata of your instance/installation and cannot be reused or reassigned.
Here is a related article regarding Project Management and Keys.
Hi Zeev - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It is not possible right now in server as there is an open feature request to provide that functionality. You can vote for and follow along here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-34945
The functionality exists to reuse it after deletion in Jira Cloud.
The problem was I did not deleted the project from trash.
This was the issue, it took me time to find it :-)
HI @John Funk : Can you explain how we can use the key again in jira cloud
Hi Sujata - Congrats on being a Rising Star!
You have to delete the entire project from Jira - including moving it out of the trash if it is still in there.
Also, please note that if ANY issue on that project has been moved to another project, then you still will not be able to re-use the project key again, even if the project has been deleted.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.