I have a single select custom field with some dropdown values.Now I want another custom field(Single select) whoes drop down dispaly list change with the change in value of the first field.
How do i achive it?
Thanks in advance.
Have you tried using a cascading custom field, Arjit?
If that doesn't fulfil your requirement, maybe a javascript to only shows specific values depending on the value of another field.
Maybe this can help
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Displaying+a+Field+Based+on+Another+Field+Selection
Hi,
Can you try the solution below.
<script type="text/javascript"> source = document.getElementById('customfield_13355'); if (source) { target = document.getElementById('customfield_13750'); source.onchange=function() { if (this.value == 12720) { target.value=12735; } } } </script>
You need to change the customfield ids and the ids of the selection items.
Vijay
I will explain properly:
Consider i have 4 dropdown value(A,B,C,D) for my 1st field and 10 dropdown(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) value for my 2nd.Now if if I select A from first field Second field should show me 1,4,6,8 out of which I cna select any particular. Simalrly for other values also same funcationality applies
Hi Marcus,
I have tried to use cascading filed but the problem is I could not name the second field.Also I have to read the data from second field to be used somwhere else.
How to achieve tthese two conditions?
I think it sums up the requirement. Cascade select list can be an option
Then the option you have is to have Cascaded select list custom field.
This gives you option on what are the dependencies between two select lists.
Thanks Vijay and Marcus your inputs helped
Arijit
Hi @Vijay Khacharia ,
I want to make one custom field drop values dependent on another locked field (Organizations).
I understand that I cant use the Cascaded custom field.
Is it possible to use the code you wrote above?
If yes I will thank you If you can explain me where and how I write this code.
Thanks!
Ruth
I am not sure about what you mean by locked field. The code I had put in the description field of the custom field definition. But I see this thread that says it might not work with newer versions of JIRA.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JavaScript-on-Custom-Field-Description-of-JIRA-6-4/qaq-p/322326
OK. Thank you!
Yes I have the same use case. User wants to selection Location and than based off that display specific Hardware options and specific Software options. So it is like a 3 cascading list versus 2. Any thoughts on how to achieve this on the Cloud?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.