Hello. I have a form which I update via the API. In the form I have a check for duplicate records which works perfectly via the form and the API. But when I update the same record I just get the return of "duplicate record" message I have in the form and the returned API provides a successful status. I'm wondering if there is any way to change this so an actual error code is returned if a duplicate record is inserted.
The other way I can do is get all the records from the form 1st and then validate if I have to insert. I'm using Ansible to do this work and it's not progmatically easy to do this in one task if I want to use all native ansible modules.
I think I just might have steered my way to doing it a better way but I'll leave this here in case what I asked 1st is possible.
Thanks.
Glen