Hello community,
nice to be part of the team!
I am currently setting up a project (Jira software) for a development team who work on separate initiatives. Each initiative comes with 5 phases. Our approach is to use the epic type for the initiative and story for the phases, sub-task represents the concrete tasks below that.
This however implies that at least 3 issues have to be created when starting which depicts manual effort.
My idea was :
- Use a form which gets the most substantial information (5 fields?)
- An automation combines this information to set-up a clean and consistent epic with all labels and namings according to a defined convention
- Based on this form information, also create the first 2-5 stories below this epic automatically and name them accordingly for consistency reasons
My experience so far:
- I tried using proforma lite but I was not able to combine information from multiple form fields to for example the labels
- I did not get automation to run and the automations I could create have only been able to change issue status
Is there a possibility to do that? If yes, then how? Do I need any packages for this? Is there a possibility to do this with free packages only or is there one package that is easily capable of achieving this goal?
Thank you very much