Hi all,
I am trying to set-up a subtask under a sub-task. I have noticed that JIRA does not support this mechanism. I my search for a solution di I came accross several websites with the same problem, e.g.:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4446
Is there anybody who nows a workaround to bypass this limitation?
Cheers,
Hendri
Hi Hendri
I think you can simulate this by adding the "is child task of" link to the relative parent task
Sub tasks cannot contain further layers. That's it.
You can do things with links, and if you've got the Agile plugin, there's stuff you can do with Epics (although it's aimed at being Agile, so it's still not another layer of sub-tasking).
There is a plugin which enables you to do some very clever stuff though. Again, it's not *quite* more layers of tasks, but it works in such a way that it feels like you get them. See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure
"Welcome" to Atlassian Jira with "Major" features pending since September 2004
Hmm, linking these tasks might be the only workable solution... THis is quite a strong limitation of JIRA...
2019 and still missing
2019 and most don't need or want it. Atlassian dropped it from the to-do list years ago, due to lack of interest!
Ok
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.