We have been using a developer's OAuth credentials for API access to Jira and decided to create a dedicated service account instead. I requested an account from my Jira admin with Create/Edit permissions for a specific project and generated OAuth credentials. The account can create issues without any problems, but when I try to update fields with the Jira API python wrapper I get the following error:
{
"errorMessages":[
],
"errors":{
"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_13305":"Field 'customfield_13305' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"description":"Field 'description' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_13300":"Field 'customfield_13300' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_13610":"Field 'customfield_13610' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.",
"customfield_13302":"Field 'customfield_13302' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
}
}
I know the account is assigned the User role, are there other permissions required to be able to edit an issue?
Note that the error message contains both custom and standard fields, neither of which can be edited.