I prefer to view the confluence pages in dark mode. Is it possible without installing any macro or plugins.
Hi @Dabin Daniel Sundaram ,
feature request for Confluence Server:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59063
Voted for this suggestion, many users are already waiting for this
@Dabin Daniel Sundaram
btw, maybe some browser plug-ins can meet your needs.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/dark
Hi @Ollie Guan
This link gives 404 error.
This kind of laziness and poor product management is why I have my team use Gitlab and Dropbox Paper instead of Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket.
Hopefully our success can influence the whole company to to use those products instead of Atlassian.
Thanks for providing evidence and motivation!
By the way, the 90's called and they want their fax machine back.
Walter
Considering Jira Cloud just got this feature (Open beta) - they are aware and can work on it. it's just a matter of time. Get voting!
I completely agree with you. I can't believe that companies making so much money on enterprise tools are so reluctant on making a dark theme. It's not vanity to have a dark theme, but some people work during the night too. Especially when working with multiple monitors from home, having a 30"-45" screen lighting up the entire room straight to user's eyes while the light in the room is turned off is beyond tiresome. But sure, I've noticed how they've answered with "we prefer black on white for long reading so we won't do it" then they blocked any comments further more for every single request. With such attitude, I wonder if they realize that the more complaints, the more chances to lose their customers are on the board. All for a crappy CSS theme they could've add. Shame, pity and sad.
What's worse is some people have disabilities which create sensitivity to light. I can tell you with honesty every Atlassian page I open is like a bloody assault on my eyes. The fact that they won't do anything about this is like saying to someone in a wheel chair "Hey we can use stairs just fine, and in fact like them over ramps, so were not putting in any ramps; deal with it!". Like how dispassionate for the disabled can you get!? Maybe their the type of company that thinks everyone should be JUST like them and if not they can use something else?Maybe instead of trying to get them to make a dark mode I can get my company to use a more considerate SaaS, that might actually happen!
Gitlab? For our company that would be over $1M per year. Bitbucket is $60k. I'd rather pay 60k and have no dark mode than a million and a dark theme.
Atlassian implemented dark mode for Jira. I can't believe they're not working on it for Confluence, too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.