I have created a user group in Confluence servers. Have added some 50-ish users to the group. But users are automatically removed from the group - by the user "Anonymous".
Seems like it's happening random and automatically?
Hi @Leif Nerheim
Your site may have anonymous user access, please check the global permissions and default space permissions to troubleshoot the access.
You may also audit the cause of the issue in logs and by tracking the user sessions.
Thanks,Pramodh
How exactly do you know that the group is being modified by "anonymous"?
What user directory system are you using?
Hi Nic!
I see it in the Audit log. I was wondering why users I added one day was gone the next:-)
Anonymous users cannot be given admin rights, so it was not a human doing this.
Most likely explanation is that the groups have been modified in your external directory system.
Hi Pramodh,
Yes, I see in the global permissions that "Anonym" are allowed tu use Confluence - with anonym access.
But I thought this user also was involved in creating new users based on our SAML/SSO connection?
What is the consequnse of turning Anonym off?
It means people who have not logged in will not be able to see any pages.
We are using the app "SAML Single Sign On for Confluence". No problems with access to Confluence, but when adding to a group in Confluence, som users seems to be automatically removed by "Anonymus". I've created that group in order to restrict a page. The problem occurs on pretty much the same few (5'ish) users. I'm adding - and Anonymus is removing?
I have changed the "Anonym acces" setting to "can not use Confluence" on the Global acces page - but the problem continues - Anonym still removes users from the group
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.