Dear Jira Service Desk users, administrators, experts, ...,
As a newbee, I have a structural question regarding the way we should use the concept of Project in Jira Service Desk.
The problem we are facing is the following :
1 company divided in 3 main business units
This 1 company offers several software solutions
Some solutions are supported by all Business Units, others only by 1 BU
I am struggling on the way we should use Jira.
Right now, Jira Projects are being created each week (I nearly said : each day). We have something like 30 Projects. In each Project we have Incident Management, SR Mgt, Chg Mgt, ...
I come from a much more structured world (BMC Remedy, Omnitracker). To me, this situation is total chaos. In order to bring structure to this organization (what is being asked from me), I would be tempted to drastically reduce the number of Jira Projects. But then how, how many, and most important why like this and not like that?
So I would be very curious to hear your experience. Every information is welcome.
Should we go for 1 project for the whole company?
1 project for each business unit?
1 project for each software solution that we propose?
1 project for each ITIL process?
and once again : why?
Thank you :-),
Kaïs.