Hi,
I have a newly created issue type and would like to change the default workflow of a scheme to a specific one. How can I do that? We are on version 5.1.8 in production and I can't seem to find out... It does work easily on 5.2 though.
Many thanks!
anja
Create a new workflow scheme
In there, map the issue type to your new workflow
Go into project admin and change the project to use the new workflow scheme.
it is not a new workflow, it's only a new issue type. The workflow exists and it added to a scheme already and in use with other issue types within this projects as well. I just can't find where to associate my issue type with this particular workflow.
Best regards
Doesn't matter if the workflow exists already or is new, the same answer applies - the mapping is done in the workflow scheme. You need to map the issue type to the workflow in the workflow scheme.
If you don't do this, then the issue type will take the workflow in the scheme that is matched to "default". Although you say you've "added it a scheme", it sounds like you haven't actually done the mapping at all.
Hi Nic,
that sounds reasonable, but how can I do that? I can't find the option. Plus it says that I have to disassociate all projects before I can edit a scheme?
Thank you for your support!
Hi Anja,
Go to Administration >> Workflow Scheme >> Assign >> Click Associate Workflow to Scheme >> Select newly created issue type and corrosponding workflow and click Assign then go to project administrator >> Workflow Project Tab Panel >> Switch Scheme and select the scheme which you have created for project.
Regards
Onkar Ahire
Hi all,
one last question to it: Will I have to perform a re-index after my association or will it just work out as soon as I change my scheme?
Thank you.
okay, thank you! I just thought I might be lucky enough to find something as easy as in 5.2...
Anyway, thanks all!
It will work as soon as you change your scheme.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.