Hello Atlassian community, I am seeking help, resolution regarding an issue with Confluence server version 6.15.3
I am running Confluence inside docker, and during Confluence start-up the following error is given on both the Confluence webpage and seen within the Confluence pod (view logs)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to create shared home directory in /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/shared-home
Navigating to that path within the pod (storage is backed by AWS ebs volume) the path of
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence
is actually empty within the pod, but the ebs volume contains data for the volume mount as Confluence has been deployed and running >2 years.
---- added more info below ----
Upon further inspection it appears I missed some important details in my posting.
log4j:ERROR Write failure.
12/9/2021 12:34:42 PM java.io.IOException: Read-only file system
Confluence appears to be re-attempting the initialization to the /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence...however since the application was previously working..and can recognize there is data there...the boot process fails to complete.
All help is appreciated. Thank you.