Here is an example line from the repository commits page:
da25fef
21 hours ago
I will attach the commit data and the repository permissions settings after this is created.
Thank you,
John
Hi John,
Currently in Stash we don't do any user lookup from a Git commit author to a Stash user. So the "unknown" string is what the committer of that change has as their 'user.name' git property on their local machine.
You might be interested in:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3235
We've just started looking at this potentially in Stash 2.12, although I can't promise anything.
Charles
Repository permissions page. It sure is hard to post a question with attachments. I hope you can see all this.
I believe you are correct. I just asked the project team if they know who modified the file listed in the commit.
We think we found the user. I'll be accepting your answer next.
Thank you.
Try to use a commit checker:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.isroot.stash.plugin.yacc
and require committer name and email to match Stash user
Has this been explored further and/or fixed in a later version of Stash? This is an issue we are also facing and would like to see a fix to without having to install a third party plug-in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.