I am a very new Confluence user (I like it!!!) and have recently had a space set up by IS to act as a repository for the Group's standard operating procedures (SOPs). I am one of the space administrators for this area. The space has a pyramid structure of pages with Divisions followed by Departments, Teams, Functions and finally the actual SOPs. I have worked out how to restrict users ability to edit/view areas within this structure. However, where an individual has been granted the ability to add pages so that they can add SOPs to their areas of the business, I cannot work out how to restrict their ability to add pages to to higher levels of the hierarchy.
Structure Example :
A Top Level Finance Division Division
B Next Level Finance Department Department
C Next Level Finance Operations Team
D Entry Level Reconciliations Function
I want the relevant users to be able to add pages/SOPs at level D. My problem is that whilst I can grant them access to add pages using individual users area of the space admin function, this means that they are also able to add pages at levels A, B & C. I would prefer to restrict their ability to add pages purely to the team that they work within. I have looked at the manual, but have not found a section that supports this restriction function. It is entirely possible that I'm not being too bright and that this is an easy fix, but I've tried several approaches and cannot get it to work as I would expect. Help!!!