We've recently made changes to Jira to allow for different issue types to be used so that our teams can more easily see what they spend their time doing, instead of everything just being a task.
I've configured the workflows and the issue types, the workflow schemes and the issue type schemes. We've started testing them today and everything seems to work fine, except that when an issue is created, it then cannot be changed from say a Task issue type to a Change issue type from within the default view. From there it can only be changed between a Task and a Request type. I can go to the Move option from the menu and change the issue type there - but this is way more steps for engineers to follow, so I want to make it easier. Is it possible to make it easy to switch the issue type from the drop-down menu?

