I think this is more of a problem with the API. The default values appear on the screen when you are creating an issue, but if you use the API to create an issue, even if you provide no value for that field, it doesn't appear to use the default value configured in the field config scheme. Also seems related to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26896.
I think you will have to duplicate the logic to set the CF in the additional actions section.
I could be wrong, I haven't tried to reproduce.
Thanks Jamie, will look for a work around. I am thinking of either copying the field from another "template" issue in the project, or pulling on some content from Confluence. Will have to look at this later on though.
If you find a workaround before I do, please post. I hit the same thing today.
Hi Eric ,
Were you able to find a solution for this ? Please let me know "how to create a subtask" automatically using groovy can be achieved .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.