I have a long list (350-450 file names) which I need to paste into individual rows in a table. I've tried:
|a|
|b|
|c|
using insert Wiki markup.
But all that does is create an embedded table in the first selected cell.
Thanks,
David
Hello David,
I could not quite understand the error that you are getting, but trying to answer the question itself you could use something like you've proposed, and use the wikimarkup as well.
Can you try with this code if it works?
||Name||Email|| |User1|user1@gmail.com| |User2|user2@gmail.com| |User3|user3@gmail.com| |User4|user4@gmail.com| |User5|user5@gmail.com| |User6|user6@gmail.com|
And the following Table would be created:
Hope this is what you want, if not let me know so I can help you.
Cheers,
Gui
Gui,
I was trying to add rows into an existing table. They just went into the first cell.
Your suggestion works.
Since my table has empty columns I'm doing something like:
||First||Second||Third|||one| | ||two| | ||three| | ||four| | ||five| | |
Thanks,David
I was having the same problem and this solved it for me:
http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/how-to-convert-a-bulleted-list-to-a-table-in-confluence-4/
Take your list and paste/import into Excel. Copy rows from Excel. Paste into new Confluence table. It *should* paste each item into its own cell
This approach no longer works
Pasting in the provided example doesn't work for me. I'm using OSX, Chrome, Confluence Cloud, with the concurrent editors beta
This program sucks. Why are we constantly searching for solutions that better programs have already developed, literally decades ago?
I had a long list in a text file, pasting via excel first worked a charm!
Please make use of copy row (shift + Ctl +C) and paste (shift + Ctl +V) row feature available in confluence page.
If you click on Insert More Content, select Markup and insert your tabular data, it works
Couldn't agree more. I started adding 15 minutes a day for "admin" on my timesheet after we switched to using this. I waste so much time every time I use this.
This doesn't work, because the Shifth-Ctl-V does not work! There is an open bug on that (for a ridiculously long time), though I think it was finally fixed in the last release (which my company does not have).
Here is a workaround I use, but you need access to JIRA.
To create a table in Confluence from delimited data:
The table will appear in Confluence.
You can then cancel the Comment in JIRA so it isn't added.
This should be the accepted answer.
This is also the only solution that worked for me.
Click to `+` and select Markup
Insert something like
|a|1|
|b|2|
|c|3|
Working on Linux in Chrome
yep
Yeah, this isn't an option in the new editor
Just another broken thing in Confluence
I encountered this problem in Linux recently, I think I used Numbers on OSX.
Most of the work I'm doing is pasting tables that come from Pandas DataFrames. The solution I found was to copy the DataFrame to to LibreOffice via `df.to_clipboard()`. Then select the table in LibreOffice, copy it and finally paste in a Chrome based browser.
Hilarious and very sad that this is still a complaint _7 years_ later. It would be embarrassing to dev for this company.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.