Is it possible to display custom field based on user group. i see one plugin for field security but it is commercial.
Please also tell me if i can control custom field display in the workflow CONDITIONS.
Thanks in advance
No, Jira does not do field level security. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/jra-1330
I suspect the plugin you've found is the one that adds it (I have not used it much myself, but at a glance, it does seem to work well - the obvious traps like working in excel, the issue-navigator and so on seemed to be caught)
As for Conditions, I don't think you've understood what they're for. They stop people from performing actions. They have nothing to do with fields or the display.
THanks for the reply.
Every time i create custom field do i have to create newfiled-view.vm & newfiled-edit.vm files?
I am thinking we need these files if i have to control this filed functinality, let me know if this is correct.
Thnaks
Um, in what context? Your own plugin? One you've found?
I want to control(hide/show) one custom field in the edit issue screen based on user group. do i have to create newfiled-view.vm & newfiled-edit.vm files under WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/field/ and make changes to newfiled-edit.vm code?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.