Hi,
I'm evaluating JIRA if it's the right tool to use it not only as a project management tool for our software developer but also as an "universal" intranet solution for things that are not necessarily project related.
Yesterday, I saw a very inspiring video called Mastering JIRA Workflow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvUnF6RGD1Q) and it looked like JIRA is capable of more than just project management and bug tracking.
The intranet solution I'm planning to build should be able to handle things like:
- daily time tracking of all employees, regardless if project/issue related or not
- vacation-planning with a workflow to approve/deny
- file server (finding imortant pdf files, templates, etc.)
- creating issues for buying stuff or booking a flight/a hotel room and then having some worklow mechanism to approve/deny the request by the respective department
- providing access to our qm-handbook (ISO9001)
- and other administrative things
Can those things be done with JIRA (and maybe Confluence for excessive documentation work ;-))?
It would be interessting to see what you at Atlassian are using as an intranet solution? :-)
Thanks in advance for your help.