Hi,
I'm trying to use the Office Connector to edit some Excel documents. Every time the files were opened as read-only. I already visited the troubleshooting page but I couldn't solve the problem. I'm using Windows 10 and Edge.
While using Windows 7 there are no Problems at all.
Hi Beate,
Do you get the same issue with Firefox and Chrome?
Hi Rob,
unfortunately I don't have permission to install any other browser than edge
Regardless of this problem, you will discover over time that some things in Confluence either don't work well or don't work at all in Edge. I say this based on the number of times that people on this Answers forum have had a problem in IE or Edge that doesn't occur in another browser, and also first hand experience helping users in-house. I'm sure that's not your decision, but just keep it in mind if you ever get a chance to get that policy changed!
Anyway, I suspect the problem is to do with the security policy that your company has enabled. One of the reasons (actually, the main reason) that your IT people won't let you use anything but Edge is because they can control its setting using Group Policy. A very common Group Policy amongst IT Security people is to prevent people opening Office documents in a browser, because of the risk of malware/virus-carrying macros.
Before we go any further with this, can you check with your IT team if they have done this? If they have, that's the problem. If they haven't, we can look at the add-on settings, etc.
I'll keep that in mind and will try to convince my colleagues to use other browsers instead.
Opening documents works, so I guess this is not restricted. Problem is the read-only restriction.
On the windows 7 PCs opening and editing documents works flawlessy.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.