After installing JIRA and trying to get to the configuration (Linux version) I can see that java process is using 90% CPU and Disk usage is going up too. When I try to access the page, it takes a lot of time, and finally times out. I know it's not a 404 since I get the page title, but I get a blank page.
Is this a normal behaviour, is the first launch usually taking a lot of resource? I'm suspecting the server to be initializing, but timing out for some reason.
I'm using Ubuntu 11.10.
When I start the service I get:
To run JIRA in the foreground, start the server with start-jira.sh -fg
executing using dedicated user: jira
.....
.... .NMMMD. ...
.8MMM. $MMN,..~MMMO.
.?MMM. .MMM?.
OMMMMZ. .,NMMMN~
.IMMMMMM. .NMMMN. .MMMMMN,
,MMMMMM$..3MD..ZMMMMMM.
=NMMMMMM,. .,MMMMMMD.
.MMMMMMMM8MMMMMMM,
.ONMMMMMMMMMMZ.
,NMMMMMMM8.
.:,.$MMMMMMM
.IMMMM..NMMMMMD.
.8MMMMM: :NMMMMN.
.MMMMMM. .MMMMM~.
.MMMMMN .MMMMM?.
Atlassian JIRA
Version : 5.1.4
Detecting JVM PermGen support...
PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 256m
If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid
Existing PID file found during start.
Removing/clearing stale PID file.
Also, if it isn't working, I'd like to know if there's a written procedure for uninstalling JIRA correctly. (I've ran the .bin file and don't know what has been added and where).
Thanks