Hi there! Can I connect two macros to one button? For example.
For example. I need to add an Expand macro and inside the Noformat macro in one action. Is it possible?
Typically that option is referred to as nesting. And yes you can nest macros inside of other macros generally. There may be times when some functionality is lost, but your example should work without any issues.
Thank you for answer. Can you tell me more about "nesting",
Placing one or more macros inside another is referred to nesting. Like an egg inside a bird's nest.
Adding an Expand macro inside of a No Format macro wouldn't work since the No Format macro would take away anything but text that's in the macro's body.
In fact, Confluence won't even let you add the Expand macro inside the No Format macro.
For this kind of thing, you don't really need to ask a question to the Community for, though, because it's very easy to test on a Confluence page, and you'd have your answer in <1 min.
@Bill BaileyThank you. And, how can I place 2 macros clicking by 1 button?
@WW facepalm)))) I want to add NO FORMAT to Expand macro, not expand to no format :DDD WTF this scooby di)))
I'm not sure exactly what you meant by all of that and if you're saying you were at fault in your question or that I misunderstood you. From what I read, you wanted to put the Expand macro inside of the No Format macro.
All you have to do is put the No Format macro inside of the Expand macro.
I'm not sure what you mean by using buttons to put a macro inside of a macro. If you mean you want a pre-packaged macro, then @Bill Bailey is correct, you'd need to customize something.
Confluence doesn't so what you want it to do out of the box since there could be millions of combinations of nested macros.
If you don't want to write your own user macro and you use those two macros all the time, then I recommend copying and pasting. That's about all you can do since this is not a built-in feature of Confluence.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.