We have a lot of old dashboards and filters that need to be removed but the help states that I can only delete those that have been created by me. But these people have left so I can't ask them to delete them.
How do I do this?
https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5043
The Jira SU plugin allows you to become them, and then do it as they would.
Happy deleting.
Both of these improvements are filed: Filters (JRA-9997) and Dashboards (JRA-7615)
If you have SQL access, there is a workaround for removing filters and subscriptions. This method is outlined here: http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+delete+filters+and+subscriptions+added+by+other+users
I would also bet you could extned those directions to achieve what you need with the dashboards too.
Since Jira 4.4.1 the administrator can change the ownership of shared filters and Dashboards:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.4.1+Release+Notes#JIRA441ReleaseNotes-ManageOtherUsersSharedFiltersandDashboards
You can assign them to you or someone else and then they can be deleted.
Check out this issue, "Allow administrators to manage private filters, subscriptions and dashboards owned by other users", https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-41269
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.