I changed the key of an existing project and able to view the open tickets via the agile board but when I try to select the project via the projects tab, I receive the following error message:
The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist. Try browsing for projects.
If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.
Help!
Hi Olivia,
I think you need to flush the system. Just do a full reindex from Administration>Indexing. That should fix it. If not, try a restart and index.
Mehmet
No, they are actually the same if it was completed successfully. Here is what you can do:
1. Stop Tomcat
2. Delete the contents of \work\ folder in JIRA installation directory (Tomcat) Note that NOT THE "WORK" folder- but the contents of the "work" folder.
3. Restart JIRA and lock and do a full index.
Sometimes it might help to stop and start the database that JIRA uses.
2. Restart DB
3. Follow step 2 (with deleting contents of work folder)
4. Restart Tomcat
5. Do full reindex
Hope that works.
I ran a "background re-index" and it did not solve the problem. Should I have run the "Lock JIRA and rebuild index" instead?
Hi Mehmet,
Thanks for your help.
I realize I have not been very clear and outlined that we are not hosting JIRA on our end and I am the project manager / essentially the admin for our JIRA instance. That said, is there a way that I can re-index everything via the system admin portal?
As I mentioned, I ran the "background re-index" and it did not solve the issue. ARe there any other steps I shoudl try?
I also went through and tried ot just delete the project and start over. When I do, I receive the following message:
Errors: No project could be found with key 'CNV'.
Cheers,
Olivia
Not a problem. You can not do the following above if you are not hosting JIRA, unfortunately. You need to have this done by system admins who manage the Tomcat instance.
If you are using the OnDemand version of it, then just create a support ticket from Administration>Atlassian Support Tools>Support Request. They should be able to get that resolved.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.