How it's possible to update a value of a read only custom field through JIRA UI?
JIRA Core does not offer this by default. You can use JIRA Utilities Plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/server/overview. This will enable a set custom field value in a post function in your workflow.
Why do you call a field a read-only field if you want to update it through UI ? Or is it currently a read-only custom field and now you want to turn it to en editable field ?
Your answer for this may shed some lights on how you can do it in a meaningful way.
The description does say "value can only be set by code" when you go to add one.
Hmm, I may not have enough permission to see all of the info in this ticket or what?
I saw only the title to be: "How do I set a read only custom field value?" and one line description "How it's possible to update a value of a read only custom field through JIRA UI?"
Do you mean that there is more description than that one liner here for this ticket? Just curious to know if I miss something here.
It's not a ticket, it's a question.I think Marcio is trying to ask and answer a question that comes up regularly so that questioners get an authoritative and simple response when they start typing their question.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.